The indefinite error message “Installing ABS PDF driver…” might appear when users try installing the ABS PDF driver in QuickBooks. Due to this error, the screen occasionally freezes and the system doesn’t process user inputs. This error needs to be necessarily dealt with because it prevents the process of printing transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. While there are multiple reasons behind this error, a slow internet connection can also be a major factor inciting this error. This article shall illustrate the various solutions to fix installing ABS PDF driver… error.
What causes error ‘’Installing ABS PDF Driver..’’ when setting up QuickBooks?
- A poor internet connection can be a potential cause of this error.
- The installation files may be corrupted.
Procedure for fixing QuickBooks Stuck on Installing ABS PDF driver Error
Procedure 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit.
- Use CTRL+J keys to access the download folder.
- To allow this software to make modifications, double-click QuickBooksToolsHub.exe and then choose yes.
- Click on Next and then Agree to accept the licensing terms and conditions.
- Hit on Next.
- After the installation is complete, click on Finish.
Procedure 2: Run Quick Fix My Program
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Herein, click on the Program Issues tab.
- Hit on Quick Fix My Program option.
- Allow the scan to diagnose and fix issues related to QuickBooks. Once done, try installing ABS PDF driver once again.
Procedure 3: Run ABS PDF Driver Setup
- Open the Run box (Short key: Win and R keys).
- Type “temp” and then click on Ok.
- The Temp folder will open.
- Open either the PrX or Enterprise usXXrX folders (X denotes QuickBooks Desktop release year, version, and number).
- To begin the installation, double-click the ABSPDF412Setup file located in the Third-Party folder.
- Try installing QuickBooks desktop again after completing these steps to check whether the ABD PDF driver problem has been resolved.
Procedure 4: End processes related to QuickBooks
- Open Task Manager (Short key: Ctrl + Alt + Del keys).
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Choose QuickBooks-related processes one by one and simultaneously click on the End Task option.
Upon following the steps listed in this article, users should by now be well versed with the procedure to fix installing ABS PDF driver when setting up QuickBooks Desktop. You can contact our team of QuickBooks experts at 1 800 761 1787 for assistance.